Volunteer presenter - expression of interest
Thank you for your interest in becoming a Camp Widow® Australia volunteer presenter.
Camp Widow supports and empowers widowed people by providing opportunities for personal growth, social connection, practical tools, and research-informed resources for them to recover and rebuild their lives.
Uniquely, the entire program is delivered by widowed people, for widowed people, so participants are surrounded by others with the understanding, validation and practical support that only comes from a shared experience.
We can offer our volunteer presenters the following free of charge to show our gratitude for participating in Camp Widow Australia:
- Access to the full conference, including all social events
- Projector, screen, wired microphone, presentation pre-loaded onto laptop and clicker
- Advertising space in the conference program
- Opportunity to sell a book you authored (or other approved item) at our onsite Camp shop (20% of sales to be retained by First Light to contribute to operating costs)
- Opportunity to include promotional material in the conference bag
- Recognition on our website and social media channels
- Opportunity to display a pull-up banner during your presentation
- An audience of widowed people who will appreciate and greatly benefit from your message
- Opportunity to give back to the widowed community.
First Light is a not-for-profit charity that fundraises to subsidise the ticket cost of all participants, as such our presenters are responsible for their own travel and accommodation expenses and any supporting materials required for their presentation. All our presenters are volunteers, and we are unable to provide payment or speakers’ fees.