Would you like to be a First Light fundraising hero?
Without the tremendous support of our fundraising heroes we would not be able to continue our work to bring hope, community and understanding to the lives of widowed people in Australia.
Fundraising events and promotion also help to raise awareness of our organisation – you might help introduce a young widowed person to our organisation.
First Light is run by volunteers and we receive no government funding. Our operating costs and programs are entirely funded through corporate sponsorships, donations and fundraising.
One of the easiest ways to fundraise for First Light is to create an online event, like birthday giving, using a fundraising platform (ie. Facebook, PayPal Giving, Everyday Hero) and nominate First Light Widowed Association as your charity. Keep your donors and prospective donors updated and engaged by posting your story, photos and updates regularly.
It’s wonderful for us to receive unexpected deposits to our account, but we would still love for you to tell us about it so we know who to thank for the amazing work.
For more information on fundraising for First Light please click the link below to our Fundraising Guide.
Incorporate the memory of your loved one
We encourage you to incorporate the memory of your loved one into your fundraising and we love seeing all the creatives ways people do this.
Depending on your event, you may like to consider:
- having a photo or photos on display
- providing a book or note paper for people to share their memories. If you’re holding an online event, you could ask people to message you
- having a shirt or apron (for BBQs) printed, honouring your person
- incorporating music that holds special meaning
- including a favourite food
- having a name or nickname in honour of your person printed on your race number.